- This lesson teaches young learners how to talk about members of a family.
- This kids lesson also teaches kids how to talk about what their parents do for a living, or what jobs or professions they might be doing – doctor, dentist, teacher.
Freddie and Lisa are visiting Bob when they notice Bob’s family photo hanging on the wall. A conversation begins about his family.
father, mother, grandpa, grandma, brother, sister, teacher, doctor, dentist
Key sentences/Grammar to learn
- Is that your father?
- This is my father.
- This is my mother.
- What does your father do?
- My father is a dentist.
- My mother is a teacher.
- A dentist takes care of our teeth.
Demonstrative Pronouns (Plural/Singular)
- Is this your father? (close ended singular question format)
- Are these your parents? (close ended plural question format)